Sunday, December 12, 2010

Minne-snow-ta

If you've watched the news you've probably heard about the big snow in Minnesota on Saturday. Wow! Now, I will admit, I was pretty skeptical of the weatherman's hype... I thought, Oh c'mon... we're Minnesotans, aren't we? What's a few inches of snow?


Well... 17" is actually quite A LOT. [sheepish grin]


Apparently this is the 5th biggest official snow total on record, and it's also the most snow in a storm since the famed Halloween Blizzard of 1991.

All I know is, I am so glad I spent the cashola to purchase warm Lands' End winter gear for my 5-year-old this year (I have the unfortunate blessing/curse of being thrifty)..... because he played outside for an hour today in 5-degree weather, and when he came in he wasn't cold in the least. Yahoo! :)

I'd say the chances of a White Christmas this year are... 100%.

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

Wow. That is a lot of snow!
At the moment we have just a dusting of snow outside. 40-degree temps last week got rid of it all. We're back to frigid temps now, but have had no snow. *grin* That's OK with me!