Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Be a Noticer – notice the good!

Lysa TerKeurst is one of my favorite authors. A couple of my faves:
  * What Happens When Women Say Yes To God (formerly entitled "Radically Obedient, Radically Blessed")
  * Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions
  * Am I Messing Up My Kids?

Lysa offers so much encouragement and godly wisdom for the [struggling?] woman who wants to be victorious and honor God with her life!  Here is an excerpt from a recent blog post:

I Want To #BEaNOTICER# With My Words

Psalm 19:14, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

We live in a day and time where our rights sometimes take precedence over our pursuit of righteousness.

I can be quick to offer a complaint when things don’t go right. I can be forgetful with my “thank yous” when things go well.

And I am challenged by this. ...

My rights – make me feel accepted, good, and treated fairly.

My righteousness – my choice to make right choices that honor God daily.

So here’s the challenge I’ve issued myself – find the good.

In every situation, in every interaction, in every day – be a noticer of the good.
 
In every situation, in every interaction… be a noticed of the good.

Even when the good has nothing to do with the circumstances and everything to do with how God will teach me through them – find the good.

And be a woman who is lavishly expressive of that good… who rarely, rarely, rarely utters the complaint. ...

Check out Lysa's blog for more inspiration at www.lysaterkeurst.com !

No comments: