Monday, February 21, 2011

Snow day

Minnesota got hit with another big snowstorm yesterday... the weatherman said we got 15" in our suburb! Here are two cool pictures of a drift that formed over the roof of our garage...



So what's a family with two young, active boys to do when snowed in? How 'bout something creative! Like this...


And this...


Are you noticing a common theme? Most crafting in our house revolves around such boyish ideas. :)

One wonderful thing this weather affords us is natural opportunities to bond and have fun together. Hurray! :)

4 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

WOW at all that snow!!! I don't envy you a bit...

well... I do envy the craft time w/ your kids. That looks like fun!!! :o)

Sara K. said...

Jodi -- to tell you the truth, I do enjoy making that kind of stuff with my boys! Although there are times I wish I had a girl to do scrapbooking or stamping or other more "dainty" crafting with. :)

Karen Hossink said...

I am certainly ready for spring, but I must admit that is one very cool looking snow drift!

And I understand the desire for "dainty" crafting with girls, but I love that - to boys - anything can be a car, or race track...or gun or sword. OK, maybe I'm not so excited about the guns and swords, but I love their imagination!

Chris said...

Oh my gosh, Sara! We made a couple cardboard town/road mats too many years ago! Brought back memories.

We got hit by snow again too. Our February total here is more than Dec. and Jan. together! And they're saying this pattern may give us plenty of March snow also. April, please come soon!